A classic salad for all seasons, charged with an unexpected burst of fl avour from our fresh Goat Cheese with Australian Native Pepperberry.
- 100g Meredith Dairy Pepperberry Cheese
- 100g smoked bacon, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 thick slices sourdough bread, torn into croutons
- 1 soft leaf lettuce & 2 large handfuls of watercress, all washed & dried
- 2/3 cup toasted walnuts
- 600g thick sirloin steaks
- 2tsp sichuan pepper, crushed
- Sea salt flakes,
- Freshly ground black pepper and olive oil
- 6tbsp extra virgin Olive oil
- 2tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1tbsp dijon mustard
Place steaks in a shallow dish and season with salt, Sichuan pepper, and rub with olive oil.
In a large frying pan over a medium heat, add 1tbsp olive oil and the bacon.
Cook until crisp, remove and drain on kitchen paper. Add croutons to pan, adding a little more oil if necessary, cook until golden and crisp. Remove and drain.
Cook steak on barbecue, or griddle pan for 3-4 minutes each side. Let rest 5 for minutes.
Mix vinaigrette ingredients together in a small bowl, season well with salt and pepper.
Toss salad greens, walnuts, bacon, croutons and chèvre together with vinaigrette. Pile onto platter, slice steak, arrange to one side, adding more chèvre as desired.