Try this fabulous dish as a summer breakfast or light snack. Packed with flavour and healthy ingredients it’s also a treat for the eye.
- 2 large slices sourdough bread
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- ¼ Spanish onion, finely sliced
- 1 small red chilli, seedED removed
- 2tbsp finely sliced chives
- 2tbsp capers
- Handful of heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jar Meredith Dairy Marinated Goat Cheese
- 2tbsp basil leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine avocado, Spanish onion, chilli, chives and capers in a bowl.
Add a squeeze of lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper.
Toast your bread, and then top with sliced tomatoes, avocado, and as much marinated goat cheese as you desire.
Drizzle with Extra Virgin olive oil, another squeeze of lemon juice, scatter with basil leaves, and serve immediately.
Optional, a freshly poached egg to top if desired.