Mouth-watering, refreshing and cleansing all at the same time: this gorgeous mix of ingredients only needs a beautiful summer’s day, family and friends, and a tall cool drink to create the perfect weekend get-together. Invoke the splendour of a Georgian plantation and enjoy.
- 160g Meredith Dairy marinated Goats cheese, drained
- 500g watermelon, cut into pieces
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint, leaves only
- 2tbsp pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and sliced finely
- 1tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt flakes and freshly ground pepper
In a small bowl combine red onion, lemon juice and 1tsp salt and leave for 15 minutes.
Finely shred any big leaves of mint, leaving small ones whole.
Gently toss watermelon and Goats cheese together, add shredded mint leaves, leaving small leaves to decorate and then place on a platter.
Drain red onion, discarding lemon juice, and scatter with the pistachios and reserved mint leaves over the watermelon salad.
Season with black pepper, and serve