As romantic as a northern European summer, this classic combination has never tasted better. Meredith Dairy’s simple twist of adding dill to their iconic chèvre makes it the perfect accompaniment for smoked salmon and potatoes. But don’t wait for a special occasion: this dish makes any day a special day. Enjoy.
Serves 2 as a main course
- 400g Kipfler potatoes, washed
- 150g Huon Wood Roasted Salmon, skin removed, and broken into chunks
- 100g Meredith Dairy Dill Chèvre, broken into small pieces
- 1/2 bunch radishes, sliced paper thin
- 50g capers
- Small handful fresh dill sprigs, roughly chopped
- 2tbsp white wine vinegar
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wedges of lemon to serve
In a small bowl, combine capers, chopped dill, vinegar, and olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper. Bring the potatoes to a boil with plenty of salted water in a medium saucepan. Simmer for 20 minutes, until just firm. Do not overcook.
Drain, and peel the potatoes while still warm. Cut in half lengthways, transfer to a bowl and gently toss with the radishes and the vinaigrette.
Place on a platter, top with salmon and the Chèvre. Spoon over any remaining vinaigrette, and serve with lemon wedges.