You only have to look at this mouthwatering minestrone to feel it doing you good. What a great meal for the cooler months. Just finish it off with some Meredith Dairy Chévre and you’ve created the perfect winter soup.
- 2TBSP OLIVE OIL
- 1 ONION, FINELY CHOPPED
- 500G ROOT VEGETABLES, CUT INTO 2CM PIECES
- 2 GARLIC CLOVES, FINELY CHOPPED
- 3 ROSEMARY SPRIGS, LEAVES PICKED AND CHOPPED
- 100G SMOKED SPECK OR BACON, CHOPPED
- 2 LITRES STOCK
- 125G DRIED PASTA
- 100G GREEN BEANS, CUT INTO 1CM PIECES
- 1 CAN CANNELLINI BEANS, DRAINED
- 1 BUNCH KALE, SHREDDED
- SEA SALT AND FRESHLY GROUND PEPPER
- 150G MEREDITH DAIRY CHÉVRE, BROKEN INTO SMALL PIECES
Heat oil in a large pan over a medium heat and fry onion until soft.
Add garlic, rosemary and smoked speck/bacon to pan and cook for 2 minutes.
Add root vegetables, cook, stirring well for 2 minutes.
Add stock and gently simmer for 10 minutes, add pasta, cook until al dente, then add green beans, cannellini beans and kale.
Simmer for 5 minutes, season well with salt and pepper, add Chévre, gently stir through and serve.