Add the freshness and flavour of Meredith Dairy’s Fresh Dill Chèvre to this wonderful Italian staple. Winter comfort food has never tasted better.
- 1.5 litres chicken or vegetable stock
- 400g Aborio rice
- 50g butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup snow peas, shredded lengthways
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, sliced diagonally
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 80g Meredith Dairy - Fresh Dill Chèvre
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Dill sprigs & extra
- virgin olive oil to finish
Pour the stock into a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
In another large heavy-based pan, melt 25g of the butter, add the chopped onion and garlic, and gently cook until soft and golden.
Add rice, stir constantly for 2-3 minutes until opaque. Add the stock a ladleful at a time stirring constantly to prevent rice from sticking until stock has been absorbed by the rice.
Continue until rice is nearly al dente, then add peas, snow peas, sugar snaps, and another ladleful of stock (you may have a little left over).
Keep stirring for a minute or two, then season with salt and pepper, stir in lemon rind and remaining 25g butter. Serve scattered with Fresh Dill Chèvre, dill sprigs, and drizzle with olive oil.