- 1.5K TRIMMED SHOULDER OF LAMB
- 1TSP GRND CORIANDER
- 1TSP GRND FENNELSEED
- 1/2TSP GRND CARDAMOM
- 1TSP SEA SALT FLAKES
- 1TSP GRND PEPPER
- 20ML OLIVE OIL
- 4 RED ONIONS, PEELED AND CUT IN HALF
- 2 GARLIC HEADS, TOP QUARTER CUT OFF
- 1/2 BUNCH LEMON THYME SPRIGS
- 1.5 BUNCHES DUTCH CARROTS, PEELED
- 4 PARSNIPS, PEELED, CUT IN 4 PIECES LENGTHWAYS
- 2 BULBS FENNEL CUT IN 2CM SLICES 1TSP HONEY
- 1 JAR MEREDITH DAIRY MARINATED GOAT CHEESE
Combine spices, honey, salt, pepper and olive oil, make3-4 slashes across the top of the lamb and rub over.
Preheat oven to 140C.
Put lamb in a large roasting tin with the garlic, onions and lemon thyme, pour 125ml water around the lamb.
Cover tightly with sheet of foil, place in oven. Cook 4 hours.
Turn oven to 185C, remove lamb, take off foil and set aside.
Place prepared vegetables around lamb.
Put lamb and vegetables in oven and cook for 30 minutes, re-covering lamb with foil if it seems to be burning.
Remove from oven, combine vegetables with Meredith Dairy Marinated Goat Cheese, and arrange with lamb on a warm platter.
Pull the lamb into chunks to serve.