Why not enjoy your perfect pasta this summer as a salad. Still full of fresh traditional ingredients this salad is a fabulous way to enjoy a really cool pasta. The Meredith Dairy Chèvre gives just the right amount of acidity and zing to this spring and summer favourite. Enjoy.
- 4 medium sized zucchini, sliced very thinly
- 4 Roma tomatoes, seeded, and cut into 1cm chunks
- 150g pack Meredith Dairy plain Chèvre, crumbled into small pieces
- 400g Fusilli pasta
- 50g capers
- 1tsp chilli flakes
- 1 handful basil leaves, gently torn into small pieces
- 25g shaved Parmesan
- 4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, a pinch each of salt and pepper in a large bowl, and add the zucchini. This will soften, and add flavour to the zucchini while you cook the fusilli.
Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the fusilli until al dente.
Drain, and immediately toss with the zucchini. Now gently add the tomatoes, Chèvre, capers, chilli flakes and half of the basil.
Spoon onto a platter, season with salt and pepper, and scatter the rest of the basil leaves and the shaved Parmesan on top.
Serve at room temperature.