A salad steeped in the fl avours of Asia enhanced with a spicy Aussie twist using our fresh Goat Cheese with Australian Native Pepperberry.
- 1tbsp sea salt
- 100g Meredith Dairy pepperberry cheese
- 4 duck breasts, skin and fat scored in a cross-hatch pattern
- 1 small iceberg lettuce, coarsely shredded
- 1 can lychees, drained and torn in half
- 150g sugar snap peas, blanched and halved
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 bunch mint leaves
- 2tsp grated ginger
- 2tsp runny honey
- 2tbsp orange juice
- 2tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat a cast iron pan to medium heat.
Combine salt and five spice in a bowl, and rub all over duck.
Cook duck skin side down for 4-5 minutes, removing fat as it’s rendered.
Turn and cook 1-2 minutes for medium rare. Remove to a warm plate.
Mix dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
Combine chèvre, lettuce, lychees, sugar snap peas, spring onions and mint gently in a bowl and arrange on a serving platter. Slice duck, place on top of salad, drizzle with dressing, serving more on the side.