If you want a meal where the flavours are as deliciously fresh and vibrant as the colours on the finished plate, look no further. These seemingly contrasting flavours and textures come together in perfect harmony. And the Meredith Dairy Ash Chèvre helps make this dish a work of art. Enjoy.
- Zest of 1 lemon, plus 1tbsp lemon juice
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2tsp maple syrup
- 4 large beetroot, stalks trimmed
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 150g Meredith Dairy Ash Chèvre, broken into small chunks
- 1.5tsp fennel seed, toasted and roughly crushed
- Small handful basil leaves, gently torn into small pieces
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar, maple syrup, lemon juice and zest, season with a pinch of salt and black pepper and set aside.
Wrap beetroot in foil, place on baking tray and roast for 45 minutes, or until cooked.
Remove from foil and peel while still warm, cut into 2cm pieces, and dress with the vinaigrette.
Layer the beetroot along with the oranges on a large platter. Scatter over the Chèvre, and sprinkle with the fennel seed and basil.